new approaches to helping people thrive.
new approaches to helping people thrive line.
The CiU Facilitator Guide helps users understand the CiU approach, philosophy and pedagogy. It also helps build skills in creating safer spaces, promoting and managing group interactions and in using the CiU materials.
The guide is set up to be interactive and includes opportunities for reflection and for doing a deeper dive into areas of interest.
- CiU Overview – The FIVE Ws and More
- The Change It Up Approach – The HOW Matters
- The Fab Five – 5 Key Concepts in the CiU Approach
- More on Strength-Based Learning – Because it Really Matters
- Valuing Indigenous Views on Learning
- Integrating Adult Learning Principles
- The CiU Facilitator
- Becoming Trauma-aware
- Holding Safer Spaces
- Giving and Receiving Feedback
- Handling Disruptive Behaviours
- Conflict and Disagreements
- Top 10 Skills That Fabulous Facilitators Share
- Don’t Act Like These People!
- Qualities of a Fabulous CiU Facilitator
- Promoting Group Interaction
- The Art of Asking Questions
- Coaching and Questions
- Active Listening
- Keeping the Discussion Going
- Tips for Managing Groups
- CiU Workshop Design
- Parts of a CiU Workshop
- Running a CiU Workshop
- Creating Your Own Workshops
- Addressing Skill Development
- Planning a CiU Session
- CiU Curriculum Overview